Ilhm Center (Innovation Leadership and healtcare management) is an advanced Research Hub sharing knowledge, strategic partnerships and management skills in order to improve innovation, leadership and management processes in the healthcare science.
Healthcare organizations come in all shapes and sizes, each with their own challenges and vital missions. Leadership is the common factor that has the biggest impact on their performance.
ILhM Center focus is to stimulate and promote studies and research activities on the disruptive innovation impact in healthcare industry and on the related processes of organizational change and health leadership that are globally involving public and private organizations operating in this area Lifescience is facing a huge number of global challenges and new disruptive technologies are offering many innovative solutions.
People longevity, limited public resources, growing pollution and worst environmental conditions are some of the global critical topics and healthcare is becoming more complex, expansive and customer oriented.
In this resoureces-demanding context, investments into digital health and technological advancement are increasing.
Artificial Intelligence, robotics, 3D printing and nanotechnologies, biosensors and trackers, synthetic biology, complementary diagnostics, genomics and new materials, big data and analytics, portable and wearable device, are creating innovative competitive strategies and skills for a new “connected-care industry” , In an increasingly complex healthcare setting , ILhM Center aim’s is to contribute to the development of a managerial culture based on organizational models and innovative, advanced and digital professional contributions.
The disruptive technological scenario requires new skills and new profiles of responsibility of operators, increasing the need for innovative approaches both in terms of organizational structures and with reference to the human resources training, in order to chain innovation, leadership and autonomy, with an efficient use of resources and qualified health responsibility.
The health services will progressively necessitate more high specialization, also in the use of innovative instrumentation, and new multidisciplinary, interdependent and integrated value chains, both at the clinical and managerial level.
New technologies and new generation decision support systems for improving data and machine learning algorithms for personalized healthcare are nowadays transforming global healthcare industry, making it less expensive, more effective and more accessible.
The fast-emerging of personalized and proactive health is the result of breakthroughs in genomic medicine and computer science, enabled by data gathered using smarter materials, through devices on wearables,.
"Life Sciences and Health Care Predictions 2022" (Deloitte) predicts innovations that will have greater impact in the near future:
- Etica Synthetic biology: that is interdisciplinary dialogue between biology and engineering. Substantial changes are expected in this direction, especially considering the possible combinations with cognitive calculus and artificial intelligence.
- IA AND Data Analytics for cognitive calculus and intelligent diagnostic skills.
- 3D printing and nanotechnologies: thanks to nanotechnologies, innovators will be able to develop new treatments to attack cancer cells and other types of pathologies at the molecular level.
- Complementary diagnostics: if combined with targeted therapies, it will help doctors to identify the most suitable treatments for patient care.
- Biosensors and trackers: they will help patients and doctors to better monitor certain aspects of health, with beneficial effects on both treatment and prevention.
Source: Life Sciences and Health Care Predictions 2022" (Deloitte)
Ilhm Center focus is to understand transformative trends of the healthcare ‘s future and to contribute to the radical reimagining of healthcare delivered system.
New skills, know how and technological and managerial capabilities are required for a proactive, customized “4 P Medicine”, which is becoming more and more Predictive, Personalized, Preventive and Precise and where every patient is unique and needs unique treatments.
According to Deloitte's "Global Health Care Outlook 2020", the leadership capacity of healthcare organizations will be based on: adequate health care provided at the right time and place; use of technology to diagnose / treat / cure; effective and efficient use of informations; data concerning centralized but protected and easily accessible patients; skills, active role of patients; new efficient business models based on cost reduction; effectiveness to bring health care to places and people not yet reached.
Disruptive technologies will completely change, in this scenario, the health supply chain over the next 5 to 10 years.
Hospitals will take a new strategic role in the healthcare redefinition process. Once again it is the impact of technology that drives the transformation: from artificial intelligence to robotics, from 3D printing to portable and wearable device, the face of healthcare facilities is preparing to take on a new look. Central to this process is the active role of the patient, called to constantly dialogue with the doctors even remotely.
Key factors prospering and surviving in the future in the healthcare management will be:
- large-scale adoption of new technologies for digital and cognitive health. In the past, healthcare facilities have traditionally been slow to use data and to analyze due to the heterogeneity of disconnected and non-dialogant systems, poor data quality and patient behavior and providers that are difficult to modify. Now we find ourselves at a trigger point in adopting advanced technologies towards patient-based and result-based care models.
- innovative and responsible leadership models implementation for talent skills recruitment and maintenance as strategic differentials. Efficient and effective services requires access to specialized skills and appropriate talents, including digital and analytical skills.
- new regulatory approaches to risk-averse regulation that in the past has prevented the innovation’s adoption. Forecasts for future scenarios highlight a substantial process of change with respect to these approaches.
- patient empowerment, which is fundamentally changing how we prevent, diagnose and cure diseases
To understand the complex dynamics of change management and health leadership that are globally involving public and private organizations operating in the health care supply chain, the ILhM Center will adopt a multidisciplinary approach, integrating managerial, legal, organizational, technological and of course biomedical skills and promoting cross-fertilization and contamination of skills among scholars, experts, health professionals and managers who intend to understand and become protagonists of the evolution of skills and know-how required to manage increasingly complex organizations such as healthcare.
Ilhm’s research, training, consulting and assistance activity is focused on:
- Improving managerial culture in the digital healthcare, through advanced training in the area of leadership, technological and organizational transformation;
- Human resources management, organizational analysis and processes, performance monitoring and evaluation for empowerment and innovation;
- Smart health technologies and connected care industry for the home caring and assistive medicine;
- Big data,algorithms, data technologies and artificial intelligence in the precision medicine approach;
- Predictive and personalized medicine. Accessibility , Sustainability and Ethics .
- Financial dynamics for care-innovation and key performance indicators in public and private healthcare organizations ;
- Value chains and cross specialties contaminations for the care pathway management;;
- Risk management, medical auditing and liability system public health ;
- Supply chain and advanced healthcare logistics and e-procurement models
- Network strategic models and cooperative alliances in health organizations;
- M & A and governance of health care complex structures;
- Private equity, angel investors and startups in the biomedical and life science industry.
Ilhm Study Center Social responsibility is to sustain life innovation and to contribute to the betterment of society achieving longer life expectancy and improving human health .
For all humanity. Not for few!